5 Things: A Cappella, Alumni Basketball, Health Clinic and Euro Trivia
A few things you need to know on Jan. 4, 2013, in Weston.
1. Is that a cappella you hear? Well, it will be tonight. Weston alum Danny Lamere is heading back to town with the Washington University Stereotypes, who will be joined by the Weston High School Town Criers for an a cappella fundraiser tonight at First Parish.
2. Health Clinic. It's time for your weekly clinic at Parmenter Community Health Center in Wayland. Stop by for free blood pressure and blood glucose screenings.
3. Alumni Basketball. The big Weston300 Alumni Basketball Game will take place tomorrow at Weston High School.
4. Post on Patch. We're always interested in seeing your announcements and events on Weston Patch, and it's quick and easy to add them to the site yourself. Talk about instant gratification. Just click "join" in the upper, right-hand corner; create a username and password; and then head to the Events of Announcements section to add your own info.
5. Bonjour, Euro! On this date in 1999, the euro debuted, bringing multiple countries in Europe under a unified currency for the first time since the rule of Charlemagne. Here's your trivia question for today: How many European Union countries adopted the euro on Jan. 4, 1999? Post your answers in the comments below and come back for the answer tonight.