5 Things: Brush Clean-Up, Sandy Donations, Meetings and More
It's Friday in Weston, and we're bringing you the last 5 Things of the week.
1. Brush Dump. The Merriam Street composting facility will be open Saturday from 7 a.m.-3 p.m. for fall clean-up disposal. A valid transfer station permit, recycling permit sticker, or proof of residency is required.
2. Friday Drop-In. The Weston Community Center hosts this weekly event where little ones can burn off some energy and parents can mingle. Infants, toddlers and preschoolers are welcome.
3. Breezy Point Project for Sandy Donations. You can begin dropping off donations to go to Sandy Point, N.Y., today at 10 a.m. at the Wayland Town Center Stop & Shop. The greatest need is for small construction equipment/tools and clean-up gear. The updated list is available here.
4. Veteran's Day Reminder. Town buildings and offices, including the library, will be closed Monday in recognition of Veteran's Day.
5. Historic Fire Transforms Boston. Today marks the 140th anniversary of a devastating fire that tore through Boston, killing 14 people and wiping out a large chunk of the city in 1872. The fire caused Boston to rethink it's firefighting strategy and also gave rise to what is now the Financial District.