5 Things: Health Clinic, Lifeguard Training, Volunteers Needed and More
A few things you need to know on March 1, 2013, in Weston.
1. Health Clinic. It's Friday; that means that Parmenter is holding it's weekly free health clinic. Stop by for a blood pressure and blood glucose screening.
2. Lifeguard Classes. The Weston Recreation Department will begin registering soon for its March/April Lifeguard Training course. Check out details in the Recreation brochure.
3. More Recreation News. In fact, the Recreation Department will kick off registration soon for all its spring and summer programming. For camp sessions, online registration begins March 4 and walk-in registration begins march 6. For all other programs, online registration begins March 5 and walk-in registration begins March 7. Check out th PDF brochure.
4. Volunteer in Town. There are a couple of Weston town committees in need of new members. If you're interested in volunteering, the deadlines to step up are approaching. Here are details on who is needed and how to get involved.
5. The Origins of a Witch Hunt. On March 1, 1692, three young women in Salem Village were charged with witchcraft. Over the ensuing few months, 19 innocent people were executed on trumped up charges of witchcraft, according to History.com. Those remaining to be tried or awaiting execution were released or pardoned in October of that year.