5 Things: Health Clinic, Winter Wonderland and a Deadline Reminder
A few things you need to know on Dec. 28, 2012, in Weston.
1. Have You Heard? Weston will kickoff its 300th anniversary celebration with a Winter Wonderland party on Jan. 12, 2013. Go ahead an plan to spend the day celebrating your town's big anniversary and looking forward to many more events to come throughout the year.
2. Health Clinic. The weekly health clinic at Parmenter Community Health Care will take place as usual today. Stop by between 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. for free blood pressure and blood glucose screenings.
3. Weston Media Schedule. Don't forget that the Weston Media Schedule through Dec. 30 is posted on Weston Patch. Check out the schedule and find something to watch other than the marathons of random shows that cable channels are so fond of this time of year.
4. Post on Patch. We're always interested in seeing your announcements and events on Weston Patch, and it's quick and easy to add them to the site yourself. Talk about instant gratification. Just click "join" in the upper, right-hand corner; create a username and password; and then head to the Events of Announcements section to add your own info.
5. New Year's Eve Deadline. Because a reminder can never hurt, you have until New Year's Eve to make charitable donations that you plan to claim on your 2012 tax return. So clean out the closets and head to a local donation location or write the check you've been meaning to write to your favorite charity.