5 Things: Healthcare Careers, Meetings Today, Reading Ahead
A few things you need to know in Weston on Jan. 17, 2013.
1. Career Open House. Parmenter is hosting an open house today for individuals interested in careers in the healthcare industry with Parmenter. A variety of services are provided by Parmenter, including home health care, palliative care and hospice services.
2. Meetings Today. The Finance Committee, Council on Aging and Planning Board are scheduled to meet today. Check out the Town of Weston calendar for more details.
3. Did You See This? There are some open positions on Weston town committees. We've collected the list, as well as the deadlines to submit letters of interest (hint, a few of those deadlines are very close).
4. Long Weekend Reading Suggestion. The adult book club at the Weston Public Library will be discussion "The Weird Sisters" by Eleanor Brown on Tuesday, Jan. 22. It's a lengthy book (300-plus pages), but if you have a quiet weekend planned, you may have time to get it in before Tuesday.
5. A Muscle Car's Journey. On this date in 1953, General Motors unveiled its first Corvette. According to History.com, the original price started at around $3,500 (not including taxes or an optional AM radio and heater). Just days ago, Cheverolet revealed the 2014 Corvette Stingray ... we think it kind of looks like the Bat Mobile.