5 Things: Meeting Postponed, Bullying Talk and Hats
A few things you need to know on Jan. 15, 2013, in Weston.
1. Meeting Postponed. The Weston Planning Board meeting scheduled for tonight has been postponed until Jan. 22. There are still many meetings today, including the Board of Selectmen. Check out the town calendar for more details.
2. Attention Business Owners. Weston Patch is always looking for opportunities to feature local business owners. If you run a business in town (even if it's a home-based business), email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Time Running Out. The American Liver Foundation is looking for runners for its 2013 Boston Marathon team. Charity spots for the marathon go quickly, but there are a few still available on this team. Everyone who runs on the American Liver Foundation team is connected with a patient, survivor or family member in order to bring a face to the charity efforts. More details are included in this announcement on Weston Patch.
4. Emotional Intelligence and Bullying. Weston Beginnings School founder Donna Housman is speaking in Lexington tonight about the importance of cultivating emotional intelligence in children in order to help them cope with bullying and life's challenges.
5. Cover Your Head ... It's National Wear a Hat Day! According to HolidayInsights.com, the origin of this day is unclear, but it still provides a nice excuse to sport your favorite new headpiece. In fact, if you have the chance, might as well change hats a couple of times today ... in honor of the special day, of course.