5 Things: Meetings Tonight, Creative Giving and Avoiding Holiday Weight Gain
Several groups are meeting tonight and a panel is gathering to talk about creative giving.
1. Weston Meetings. The Town Meeting Procedures Committee, the Housing Partnership and the Permanent Building Committee all meet tonight. Details here.
2. Creative Giving. A panel of Foundation Metrowest partners will be at the Henderson House today with a call to action to "Follow Your Passion Close to Home."
3. Avoiding Holiday Weight Gain. Tufts University Professor Susan B. Roberts will be at the Wayland Public Library tonight to talk about her book, "The Instinct Diet."
4. Find Us on Facebook. Are you following Weston Patch on Facebook? If not, you could be missing out on up-to-the-minute updates on news important to you in Weston. Be our friend!
5. What do Aerosmith, 50 Cent and a 13-year-old New Yorker have in common? Well, a $10 million bat mitzvah, of course. On this date in 2005, Aerosmith and 50 Cent took the stage at New York's famous Rainbow Room and performed for the crowd at 13-year-old Elizabeth Brooks' bat mitzvah. Who spent $10 million on his daughter's big party? That would be defense contractor David H. Brooks, CEO of DHB Industries.