5 Things: 'String Swing,' Health Clinic, Women's Day
A few things you need to know on Friday, March 8, 2013, in Weston.
1. 'String Swing' at EPOCH. Three guitarists will be at EPOCH to perform big band music from the 1920s and 30s. The event is free and open to the public.
2. Weekly Health Clinic. Parmenter Community Health Center will offer its free health clinic today featuring blood pressure and blood glucose screenings.
3. Town Caucus is Coming. Weston's annual Town Caucus happens on March 11. If you're interested in running for a town office, you'll want to check out these details.
4. Post on Patch. We're always interested in seeing your announcements and events on Weston Patch, and it's quick and easy to add them to the site yourself. Talk about instant gratification. Just click "join" in the upper, right-hand corner; create a username and password; and then head to the Events of Announcements section to add your own info.
5. Celebrate a Woman in Your Life. Today is International Women's Day. The day has been around since the end of the 19th century and is commemorated annual by the United Nations.