5 Things: Selectmen and Other Meetings; Hospice Volunteers; and Hockey
A few things you need to know on Feb. 4, 2013, in Weston.
1. Meeting Today. The Board of Selectmen, Board of Appeals, Library Board of Trustees and Solar Photovoltaic Panels Exploratory Committee are scheduled to meet today, some in the morning. Check out the Town of Weston calendar for details and agendas.
2. Hospice Volunteers Needed. Hospice of the North Shore and Greater Boston is looking for volunteers. Volunteering with the program requires a free 16-hour training session, which can be completed during various sessions in the area over the next couple of weeks. More details are here.
3. Girls' Hockey. The Wayland/Weston girls' hockey team will take to the ice in a home match against St. John's Prep Academy tonight. The puck drops at 7:30 p.m. at the Rivers School.
4. Facebook Friends. We really do want to be friends. If you aren't following Weston Patch on Facebook, you could be missing out. Follow us today!
5. The Day the Music Died. Yesterday marked the 54th anniversary of the plane crash that killed musicians Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, J. P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson and pilot Roger Peterson, according to Wikipedia. The event was immortalized in Don McLean's song "American Pie."