5 Things: Tax Deadline, Field School Update, Knife Sharpening and Freedom
A few things you need to know on Feb. 1, 2013, in Weston.
1. The Deadline Arrives. Today's the day: Tax bills are due. Keep in mind that the Weston Town Hall closes at 5 p.m. Of course, there is the online payment option ...
2. Open Burning Permits. We're in the midst of Open Burning Season, but you must obtain a permit and register daily in order to burn. Details are here.
3. Field School Update. A community update on the Field School construction project will take place today from 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. at the Case House.
4. Knife Sharpening This Weekend. Patti Small with On The Edge Knife Sharpening will be at the Wayland Winter Farmers' Market this Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
5. National Freedom Day. On Feb. 1, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln signed the resolution that would become the 13th Amendment, which abolished slavery in the U.S. According to Wikipedia, former slave Richard Robert Wright Sr., believed there should be a day celebrating freedom for Americans. Feb. 1 was declared National Freedom Day by President Harry Truman in 1948.