5 Things: Tax Seminar, Limit Setting, Israeli Dance for Kids and More
A few things you need to know on Feb. 27, 2013, in Weston.
1. Tax Seminar. Rep. Tom Conroy and Sen. Richard Ross will host a Senior Circuit Breaker Tax Credit Seminar at the Wayland Council On Aging, today at 1 p.m. Anyone interested in learning about this tax break for seniors is invited to attend.
2. Limit Setting Talk. The Beginnings School in Weston will host a discussion tonight about setting appropriate limits for children. The event is free and open to the public, but RSVPs are requested to info@BeginningsSchool.com.
3. Israeli Dance for Kids. Temple Shir Tikva is beginning a new six-session class that incorporates story, movement and dance into this class for children ages 0 to 4 years. The class is open to the public, but registration is required by March 1.
4. Meeting Tonight. The Housing Partnership meets tonight at 7:30 p.m. A PDF of the agenda is available online.
5. 'I Will Survive' ... but the Award Will Not. On this date in 1980, "I Will Survive," performed by Gloria Gaynor won the first Grammy Award in the category Best Disco Recording. According to History.com, this was the first and last time an award was given in this category.