5 Things: Veterans Day Observed, A 20-Foot Globe and Curious Creatures
Government offices, post offices and schools are closed today, but there's still plenty going on.
1. Observing Veterans Day. Nov. 11 fell on a Sunday this year, so it's being recognized today. That means schools, town buildings and offices, the library and a few other places are closed. Check out our full list here.
2. Veterans Recognized. Weston recognized its veterans during a ceremony on Sunday. If you have photos from the event you'd like to share, upload them to this article or email them to email@example.com.
3. Earthview at Spellman. This is your chance to see what the globe looks like from inside. Kids and adults can learn about geography from inside the 20-foot globe at the Spellman Museum.
4. Curious Creatures and Entertaining the Kids. The Wayland Children and Parents Association brings its annual Curious Creatures program to the gym at Wayland Town Building. WCPA members are $5 per person ($20 max per family) and non-members are $8 ($30 max per family).
5. Newsletter Opportunity. If you aren't getting the Wayland Patch newsletter in your inbox each morning, you're missing out on a simple way to see the latest headlines. Sign up today for daily, weekly or breaking newsletters (or all three!)