5 Things: Young Musicians, Weekend Activities, the Grand Canyon and More
A few things you need to know on Jan. 11, 2013, in Weston.
1. Rivers Recital. The Rivers School tonight will play host to the Young Artists Recital at 7:30 p.m. The event will feature a variety of instruments and classical pieces performed by talented youths.
2. Full Weekend Ahead. There's plenty to keep you busy in Weston this weekend, from a First Parish Open House to a Candlelight Reception and much more. Check out the Patch Calendar for more information about these and other events.
3. Health Clinic. It's Friday and that means the Parmenter Community Health Center clinic will be offering free blood pressure and blood glucose screenings today.
4. Post on Patch. We're always interested in seeing your announcements and events on Wayland Patch, and it's quick and easy to add them to the site yourself. Talk about instant gratification. Just click "join" in the upper, right-hand corner; create a username and password; and then head to the Events of Announcements section to add your own info.
5. The Day the Grand Canyon was Born. OK, not really. Today is just the anniversary of the day in 1908 when Theodore Roosevelt named the Grand Canyon a national monument. Have you visited there? What did you think? National monument worthy?