Five Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 2
School's back in session, and four more things for your Wednesday in Weston.
- Hurray! Weston schools re-open today, but with modified bus routes. They are also a half-day, as the district had already scheduled a staff development day.
- If you are still without power—NStar is saying about 600 Weston customers still didn't have any by 8 p.m. last night—you can head to the Council on Aging in the Community Center to warm up, if you need to. NStar says power should be fully restored in Weston by tonight.
- Luckily, the weather is supposed to be pretty mild today, sunny with a high of 51 and calm winds.
- The Weston-Wayland Interfaith Action Group holds their fall lecture tonight, on "Why Multifaith? What Does That Look Like?" at 7:30 p.m. at St. Peter's.
- The Weston Observatory will also hold a lecture tonight, this one on "The Deepwater Horizon: From Pipe to Plume." It begins at 7 p.m. and reservations are required due to limited seating space.