Five Things You Need to Know Today: Oct. 29
Flu clinic, football and more!
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
- The selectmen, School Committee and Finance Committee meet jointly this morning at 8 a.m., at Town Hall.
- The Board of Health holds a flu clinic for adults at St. Demetrios Church, 57 Brown St., from 10 a.m. to noon. Forms are available on the town's website.
- Football plays Concord-Carlisle High School tonight at 7 p.m., at CCHS.
- Middle school principal John Gibbons holds a principal's coffee from 9 to 10 a.m. today, and will show a 7-minute video on cyberbullying that will be seen by all middle school students in the coming weeks. The video will be followed by a Q&A session.
- New York Times-bestselling author Laurie Halse Anderson will visit and speak with fifth grade students today from 1:10 to 2:20 p.m., to talk about her books "Speak" and "Chains."