Five Things You Need to Know Today: Sept. 28
There's a lecture at the Weston Observatory tonight, and four other things you need to know for Wednesday.
- The Weston Observatory kicks off its 2011-2012 colloquium series tonight with "Lady Liberty: What Lies Beneath Her Feet: Archaeology in New York Harbor." It begins at 7 p.m. and it's recommended you call to make a reservation as the lecture audiences do get quite full.
- Boys' soccer plays Lincoln-Sudbury today at 4 p.m., home game. Get the full schedule of high school sports here.
- Are you looking for funding for a grant to support cultural activities in town? The Cultural Council's grant application deadline is coming up—all applications must be postmarked by Saturday, Oct. 15. More information is available on the town's website.
- The morning has started off nice today, but the forecast says it'll be mostly cloudy, with a high of 73.
- Did you know that you can get the top stories from Weston Patch delivered to your email inbox every day? Simply mouse over "Follow this Patch" on the upper right-hand corner and click on "Get the Newsletter."