Police Log: Spray Painted Car, Burglary at the Train Station, OUI Wreck and More
The information below was supplied by the Weston Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Editor's Note: Below is a partial list of police log items from the dates listed. We have selected the items and calls that we believe to be of the greatest interest to readers.
- 2:39 a.m.; vicinity of 62 Lexington Street -- Arrest of Vinit Patel, 40, of 9 Stratford Way in Lincoln on charges of operating under the influence of liquor. For more on this arrest, see "OUI Arrest Made in Thursday Morning's Lexington Street Vehicle Crash."
- 3:48 p.m.; 15 Hobbs Brook Road -- A resident returned home after being away for several days and found the residence had been burglarized. Items were taken, but police are not releasing the nature of the items at this time.
- 5:25 p.m.; Cliff Road and Glen Road -- Dog complaint.
- 1:43 p.m.; 1 Woodland Road -- Reported damage to property. According to a police report, white spray paint was scrawled across the rear and side of a vehicle.
- 4:18 p.m.; Hasting Crossing Parking Lot --Arrest of Nicholas Brackett, 17, of 16 Buttonwood Lane in Weston. Brackett was arrested after a witness called police to report seeing a person breaking into cars at the Hastings Crossing train station parking lot. Police arrived and located Brackett, placing him under arrest.
- 5:07 p.m.; 21 Hillcrest Road -- Reported damage to property. Packages delivered to the home had been opened, but nothing was taken.
- 12:41 a.m.; at River Road and Gate House Lane -- Suspicious person reported.
- 9:25 p.m.; Fire Station #2 on South Avenue -- A gas leak was reported. See "Fire Station Evacuated After Sliding Snow, Ice Breaks Gas Meter" for more information.