Town Caucus is Tonight; List of Open Offices
Town caucus begins at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall.
The Weston Town Caucus is tonight, Monday, March 11, at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall. Below is a list of the open offices that will be filled in the May 11 town election, according to the town of Weston website. The caucus will nominate candidates for the town election ballot.
- Board of Assessors (One 3-year term and one, 1-year term to fill a vacancy). Incumbant David C. Bennett
- Board of Health (One 3-year term). Incumbant Nicholas G. Guerina
- Board of Library Trustees (Two 3-year terms). Incumbants Doris A. Sullivan and Emily Hutcheson
- Board of Selectmen (One 3-year term). Incumbant Douglas P. Gillespie.
- Commissioners of Trust Funds (One 3-year term) Incumbant Janell Phillips
- Measurers of Lumber (Three 1-year terms). Incumbants Robin Peakes Coutts, Richard L. Hall, Susan L. Kannenberg
- Moderator (One 1-year term). Incumbant Wendy Spector
- Planning Board (One 5-year term and one 4-year term to fill a vacancy). Incumbant Roy Chatalbash (regular term) and Stephen R. Oppenheimer (currently filling the vacancy)
- Recreation Commission (Two 3-year terms and one 2-year term to fill a vacancy). Incumbants Lucy Armory Bradley and Victoria A. Whalen
- School Committee (Two 3-year terms) Incumbants Edward E. Heller and Sanjay Saini
Also, residents wishing to run for office who are not nominated by the caucus may take out nomination papers at the Town Clerk’s office, due back on Monday, March 25 at 5 p.m., with signatures from 50 or more registered voters in Weston.