Town Meeting May 7: Articles 1 to 17 Completed
A look at Monday night's Town Meeting votes.
Town Meeting kicked off Monday, May 7, with the completion of warrant articles 1 to 17, plus all five articles on the Special Town Meeting Warrant.
Later in the day, Weston Patch will be posting a more substantive article on the discussions had at Town Meeting. But for now, here's a quick look at the results of the Town Meeting votes taken.
- Article 1: Voting for town officers and ballot questions: Passes
- Article 2: Fiscal year 2013 operating budget: All motions pass
- Article 3: Water enterprise budget: Passes unanimously
- Article 4: Recreation enterprise budget: Passes with majority vote
- Article 5: Brook School Apartments enterprise budget: Passes unanimously
- Article 6: Stabilization fund: Passes unanimously
- Article 7: Other Post Employment Benefits appropriation: Passes unanimously
- Article 8: Departmental revolving funds: Passes unanimously
- Article 9: Chapter 90 road improvement funds: Passes unanimously
- Article 10: Property tax deferral income limits: Passes unanimously
- Article 11: Standing counts at Town Meeting: Passes, 203-86
- Article 12: Observance of rules by officials: Fails
- Article 13: Four-day agenda and meeting minutes requirements: Fails
- Article 14: Term limits for selectmen: Fails
- Article 15: Raise the Town Meeting quorum to 160: Passes as amended, quorum of 80
- Article 16: Amend dog bylaw: Fails
- Article 17: Authorize Distributed Antenna System (DAS) study and amend leasing authority: Fails
Town Meeting resumes Wednesday, May 9, at 7:30 p.m. at Weston High School.