UPDATED 3:30 p.m.: What You Need to Know in the Aftermath of Irene
Here are some resources in case you're dealing with power outages, cancelations and more in Weston and the area.
Many may feel they dodged a bullet with Irene's high winds and heavy rains, but there are still plenty out there with power outages, home/building damage and more.
We'll have this article up on the front page all day today to bring you news of cancelations, road closings, updates about power outages and more. And we can't do that without your help. Let us know via a comment, an email or a text (781-850-6742) to editor Meghan Kelly. We'll add reports of road closures or hazards to our interactive map.
Updated 1:50 p.m.:
- We've just posted a story about the clean-up effort from the DPW. The town brush dump will be open for extended hours for the next three Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Omni Foods is open for business today, regular hours, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Waltham YMCA is closed, as it has no power.
- Weston Police say that there are no specific road closures right now, except for Concord Road, which was already closed due to construction. They did warn that some streets do still have trees and limbs on the road, so be cautious when driving around.
- The School Committee meeting scheduled for tonight has been canceled. They will meet again on Monday, Sept. 12.
- Because the middle school and high school have no power, all athletic practices today are canceled as well.
- NStar Tweeted this morning that they are working on repairs but that some customers without power may not get it back for a few days.
- The first Massachusetts fatality came in today when a worker in Southbridge was electrocuted by a downed power line. Be extremely careful and make sure you report all fallen wires to NStar. And treat them all as live; do NOT touch them.
- The town of Weston has posted NStar information on its website. Call (800) 592-2000 to report outages.
- MBTA/MBCR: Riverside station is closed for parking and commuters are advised to park at another station, like Woodland. Passengers can be dropped off and those going outbound will be bused from Riverside to Woodland Station. The Fitchburg commuter rail line is running on time.
- The Massachusetts Department of Transportation has a list of general road closures. In Framingham, Route 9 westbound at Country Club Lane has a power line down just before the Mass Pike off ramp. One lane is open.
- Logan Airport has cancelations for both inbound and outbound flights. Check with your airline before you leave for the airport.
- The Acela may also be facing delays. You can check to see your train's status on Amtrak's website.
- We have an article about what to do if you need to file a claim with your homeowners' insurance.
- The governor's office also advises calling the Division of Insurance at 877-563-4467 with any questions.