We all love Halloween candy, but be careful not to leave it in reach of your furry friends. The sweet smell will tempt any pup when left alone with a bowl full of candy. While not all candy is poisonous to dogs, even the “good stuff” usually consists of mostly sugar, which can cause pancreatitis in dogs.
Chocolate is in a significant amount of Halloween candy and it is dangerously poisonous to dogs even in small amounts. Please do NOT give your dog any chocolate. Raisins are also toxic to dogs and can cause kidney failure. Be careful of trail mixes because a number of them contain raisins.
Watch out for wrappers!
They often end up left behind in the bowl and still smell delicious to our dogs. While they may be just empty wrappers, these cellophanes and foils can be as dangerous as the candy. Foil and cellophane can cause life-threatening bowel obstructions, which may require surgery.
For information about our services please contact:
Domesticated Dog Walkers LLC
Will Matthews (339) 222-1451