1. 6 Days ... 'Till you have to have the Christmas shopping all ... well ... wrapped up. If, however, you plan on waiting until the bitter, bitter end, we'll be publishing a last-minute shopping options list on Christmas Eve -- we'll give you the hours of some local shops, so you can grab a last-minute present under the tree or a host/hostess gift.
2. Meeting Canceled. The Permanent Municipal Building Committee meeting scheduled for today has been canceled.
3. Did You See This? The Annual Santa's Ride will take place Dec. 19-20. Check out the schedule here to find out when Santa will be in your neck of the woods.
4. A Facebook Friend for Christmas. All we want for Christmas is to be your friend on Facebook. But this isn't a one-sided relationship. Readers who follow us on Facebook get up-to-the-minute info about developing stories ... and you can see it all right from the social network you're already using.
5. For Your Breakfast Dining Pleasure. We want to let you know that today is Oatmeal Muffin Day. We don't know anything about this day (and the Internet was no help), so we're going to go with just enjoy the muffin and call it sufficiently celebrated.