1. Field School Groundbreaking. Rain or shine (it's looking like rain), the groundbreaking ceremony for the Field School will take place this morning at 8:30 a.m. behind the current school.
2. Holiday Concert Fundraiser. The Parmenter Hospice Holiday Concert will take place today at the Weston Golf Club. Reservations for this popular event are required, but if you have tickets enjoy today's show featuring the Concord Women's Chorus.
3. Canceled Meeting. The Police Station Study Committee meeting scheduled for tonight has been canceled. Several other committees are meeting tonight, including the Board of Health, Conservation Commission and Planning Board. For a complete list, check out the town calendar.
4. Events on Weston Patch. We know that there's a lot going on in Weston on any given day. If you're hosting an event or fundraiser, drive or talk, post that information directly to Weston Patch so that your neighbors and fellow Patch readers can read all about it.
5. Welcome, Pilgrims! On this date in 1620, the British ship The Mayflower docked at Plymouth Harbor. We'd tell you the rest of the history, but you've probably heard most of it. This is interesting though ... all 102 passengers survived the journey across the ocean, but 50 of them died during their first winter in the New World. Makes our modernday winters not seem so bad, right?