1. Winterfest is Coming! All systems point to "Go!" for tomorrow's Winterfest. The temperatures are cold, there's no rain in the forecast and there might even be a little snow. Check out the Winterfest schedule.
2. Town Census. Don't forget to return your Town Census document to the Weston Town Clerk. If you've misplaced your mailed copy, you can download the document here.
3. Field School Update. The Field School Community Update meeting will be held today at 9:30 a.m. at the Case House. The public is invited.
4. Blog Anyone? We're on the hunt for some fresh perspectives. If you've thought of blogging, but didn't know where to begin. Let us help. Patch will take care of the infrastructure and helping you build an audience. All you provide are the thoughts. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in learning more.
5. Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend. Talk about a rock! On Jan. 25, 1905, a 3,106-caret diamond, the largest ever found, was uncovered in the Premier Mine in Pretoria, South Africa. The stone weighed more than a pound and eventually found its way, in pieces, to Britain's Crown Jewels collection. The single stone was cut into nine large stones (the largest of which is 530 carets) and hundreds of smaller ones, according to History.com.