The Divorce Center, a non-profit organization of professionals from multiple disciplines providing support and education to people going through separation or divorce, offers this seminar on the numerous changes made to the Massachusetts Alimony Law, which had not been updated in 30 years.
The Massachusetts Alimony Reform Act of 2011 changed when and how alimony can be ordered, and when and how alimony orders can be ended. The new law affects anyone who currently is or may be receiving alimony.
Attendees will learn:
- The multiple types of alimony defined by the new law;
- The maximum amount of alimony defined by the new law;
- The new limits to the duration of the general term of alimony;
- When and if existing alimony orders can be modified; and
- The factors that will determine the type, amount and duration of alimony.