The new Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association football playoff schedule will mean a much different schedule for the Weston High School Wildcats this year.
The Wildcats take on Randolph in the season opener and will play Wayland at least twice this year (once in September and then again in the annual Thanksgiving clash).
Rather than the usual Super Bowl structure that featured teams playing in playoff games after Thanksgiving, the playoffs will start at the beginning of November.
Teams that don’t make the playoffs will play other non-playoff teams in the weeks leading up to the annual Thanksgiving game. The six state championship games will take place after Thanksgiving.
Confused – and just want to know the Weston High schedule? Here’s the schedule for the upcoming varsity football season (please note that Weston football will play games between Oct. 25 and Thanksgiving, but they won’t find out who they're playing until after the playoff teams are announced at the end of October).
- Saturday, Sept. 7 – at Randolph High School, 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 12 – Dover-Sherborn, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 20 – at Carver, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 27 – at Wayland, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 4 – at Bedford, 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 11 – Concord-Carlisle, 6 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 18 – Boston Latin, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov, 28 – Wayland, 10 a.m.