What's a better way to celebrate Weston’s 300 than scarecrows?
The Weston Community League Garden Club is hoping to have scarecrows represent Weston residents and organizations. They’re even hoping residents create a scene.
Here is the info from the WCLGC:
Straw will be available on the Town Green on Saturday, Sept. 28 from 10 a.m. to noon.
Important details: Plant your scarecrows before Oct. 5 (the Founder's Day Parade and Festival) and remove them before Halloween. The WCLGC will be tracking the goal of 300 scarecrows for Weston's 300th so it will be important to email the location and number of scarecrows. Contact information is available on the instruction sheet below.
- Adult organizations – at organization’s “home” or in front of Case House along roadway.
- Businesses – at business location or on Town Green at “business” end of town.
- Families and neighborhoods – at residence or on Town Green along Boston Post Road.
- Private schools (preschools, elementary, high schools and colleges) – on campus, near entry or road.
- Weston High School or Weston Middle School – at school or Land’s Sake Farm, north of driveway
- Field School – at Field School, near Wellesley Street
- Country School – at Country School or at library, in island
- Woodland School – at Woodland or library, along School Street
- Town organizations (Town Hall, DPW, Transfer Station, Library, Recreation Center, COA, Police, Fire) – at your office location
- Scouts – in Scout Park
- Sports groups – on Land’s Sake Farm south of driveway
- Drama/dance – on Town Green along Boston Post Road
There will be scarecrow making and planting on the Town Green after the Founder's Day Parade. Bring your costumes! Basic supplies (stakes, straw, plastic bags) will be available as well as assistance from seasoned scarecrow makers (such as Community League Garden Club members, spouses and friends). But, the more scarecrows that decorate our town by the start of the parade, the more fun it will be for everyone!